Computer engineers are responsible for the physical technological systems that make our lives easier, make everyday tasks more convenient, and give us abilities we didn’t know we even wanted. Master’s in computer engineering graduates help create better mobile technology, fitness wearables, entertainment devices, medical devices, and more.
The computer engineering master’s program is designed for students and professionals who want to broaden and deepen their understanding of computer architecture, embedded systems, or VLSI design. In our computer engineering master’s degree program, you’ll gain a detailed understanding of hardware and software to create intricate systems.
In our master’s in computer engineering program, we emphasize:
- computer design and system architecture
- computer networks and communications
- Internet and network security
- parallel and distributed computing
- VLSI and system-on-chip architectures
- robotics and automation
- mobile and wireless communication
- visual and image computing
- intelligent computing
- real-time systems
- virtual reality
- digital entertainment design and development
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computational Basis of Bioinformatics
- Computational Genomics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
- Network Security
- Principles of Computer Communications and Networks
- Error-control Codes for Computer Systems
- Principles of Computer Graphics
- Cryptography and Data Security
- Digital Techniques in Telecommunications
- Lossless and Lossy Data Compression
- Principles of Artificial Intelligence
- Automated Reasoning
- Autonomous-Agent Architecture
- Computational Basis of Intelligence
- Computer-Control Based Robotics and Automation Systems
- Intelligent Machines: Theory, Design and Applications
- Cognitive Science I
- Cognitive Science II
- Principles of Computer Architecture
- Parallel Processing Organization
- Distributed Computing Systems
- Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems
- Introduction to Data Parallel Algorithms and Architectures
- Embedded System Design
- Entertainment Computing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 785 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
To be eligible for graduate study at UL Lafayette, you must:
- have (or soon have) a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a regionally accredited university.
- demonstrate English language proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) if you are an international applicant
- provide additional application materials (including GRE/GMAT) depending on the degree program to which you're applying
International1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1631 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1631 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.