Flexible Biological Science degree requirements at University of Tulsa lead to careers in biology, health fields and professional or graduate school.
Students work directly with faculty in a specified area of research and plan a program of courses and overall research goals in consultation with their supervising professor. We prepare these graduate students for careers in education, industry and government, or for continued graduate studies.
A wide range of research opportunities are available to graduate students including basic studies in bioinformatics, cellular and molecular biology, developmental biology, ecology, genetics, microbiology, molecular systematics, neuroscience, virology and other areas. In addition to laboratory based studies, research opportunities are available at field sites in northeast Oklahoma and field stations in other locations. An in-depth understanding of one area of specialization is achieved through elective courses, independent study and dissertation research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Protein Structure and Function
- Environmental Microbiology
- Population Genetics
- Experimental Microbiology
- Population Ecology
- Pathogenic Microbiology
- Selected Topics in Microbiology
- Introduction to Virology
- Animal Behavior
- Experimental Techniques in Molecular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students are advised to allow at least two to three months to complete the entire procedure.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 859 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay).Standard Prompt (500-750 words): 1) Describe your research interests and professional goals. 2) How is TU’s graduate program best suited to help you accomplish these goals? Be specific about how your specialized interests align with TU’s available specialties.
- Certain programs have customized prompts that are detailed in the Special Application Requirements below.
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters with a third being optional, but strongly encouraged. Number of letters will be assigned following submission of online application form.
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- GRE General Test results
- $60 application fee
International1310 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1310 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1310 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1310 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.