English Language and Literature from University of Tulsa provides both opportunities for creative expression and professional preparation for teaching and for doctoral study and scholarly research.
- University and college teaching
- Elementary and high school teaching
- Marketing and communications
- Public relations
- Publishing and editing
- Writing for the culture industries
- Non-profit work
- Grant and technical writing
- Scholarly Writing
- London in the Age of Queen Anne: Church, Crown, Conflict, and Culture
- History of Literary Criticism and Theory
- Modern Literary Theory
- Film Genres
- The Jewish Experience in Film
- Advanced Poetry Writing
- The American Novel
- The British Novel I: Defoe to the Brontës
- The British Novel II: Dickens to Woolf
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- International students - allow at least two to three months to complete
- Applications for competitive scholarships and fellowships-22/01
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 834 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay)
- 10 – 20 page academic writing sample
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- $60 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. will also need to submit TOEFL or IELTS results
International50004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1389 USD per credit during 12 months.
National50004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1389 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.