Students enroll annually in this 5 term (21 month) Entry Program in Nursing (for non-RNs) program at University of San Diego. The MEPN program is demanding, as it provides students with a general foundation in nursing as well as master’s level courses that provide the skills necessary to serve in leadership positions. Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) as a Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) and are prepared as Advanced Nurse Generalists.
Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for registered nursing (RN) licensure. Graduates are also eligible to take the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) certificate exam upon completion of required clinical practice requirements.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge derived from the physical and behavioral sciences and the humanities with nursing theory as a basis for professional nursing practice.
- Use current research findings in promoting the health and welfare of people.
- Apply clinically and culturally appropriate information technology to promote quality health care.
- Collaborate with consumers and colleagues in the delivery of health care services.
- Identify and influence factors that affect health care delivery.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Assessment
- Conceptual Basis of Professional Nursing Practice
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Introduction to Pharmacology in Nursing Practice
- Nursing Practice with Adult and Older Adult Patients with Acute and Chronic Health Problems
- Evidence Based Practice: Role of Theory and Research
- Nursing Practice with Psych-Mental Health Clients
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 712 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an approved, accredited college or university
- Completion of the required prerequisite courses
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of the Centralized Nursing Application (Nursing CAS)
- One official transcript from each college or university attended
- Three professional recommendations related to academics and work (paid and volunteer)
- Resume describing the nature, scope and areas of responsibility of all work experience including any volunteer or paid healthcare related experience
- Minimum 100 hours as a volunteer in a hospital setting observing registered nurses in practice
- Interview (qualified applicants will be contacted to interview based on initial review of their application)
- Evidence of specified immunizations and screening tests, recent physical examination, and BLS (CPR) certification if admitted into the program
International1580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1580 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
National1580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1580 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.