About the Program
The Acting program of the University of San Diego is unique in its ability to provide students with an exceptional number of professional performance opportunities. Partnership with the Globe demands that students achieve its formidable standard of artistic excellence, community, and professionalism.
In addition to its symbiotic relationship with one of America's premier regional theaters, the professional actor training program is unique in other ways:
- Each student accepted into the professional actor training program is awarded a full-tuition scholarship from the University and a monthly stipend from the Globe. Financial support granted to each student exceeds $80,000.
- With only seven actors in each class an exceptional amount of personal attention is given to the student’s individual training needs.
- Academic credit earned through performance work at the Globe enables the University of San Diego to award its Master of Fine Arts degree after only two years of study.
- Text and Context: Modern Drama
- Voice and Speech
- Text and Context: Renaissance Drama
- Globe Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 347 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited and approved institution. The degree does not need to be in theatre.
- International students are welcome to apply to the MFA program; please visit our FAQs page for important information regarding your transcripts.
- We do not participate in U/RTA auditions, you must apply directly to our program.
International46650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1555 USD per credit during 24 months.
National46650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1555 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.