This professional master’s programme has been developed in collaboration with international media partners. Successful media innovations are often not brand new, mostly they build on existing elements, which can be found in any media product. In this master, we shed light on these elements from different theoretical perspectives and teach you how to make new combinations.
The objective of the Master in Media Innovation has, since its inception, been to educate students who can develop insightful media-related research and innovative, market-oriented media products. In order to do this, students are exposed to a wide variety of topics including media theory, business models, emerging technologies, user-centred design, communication theory, and more.
In formulating the Master Media Innovation programme at Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUAS) , the objective was to educate people able to anticipate future developments in the field of digital media and able to take advantage of those developments. The factors determined to define innovators were set out as:
- Innovators are required to initiate, shape or partially shape, monitor or manage a very complex process: innovative media products are created in an ingenuous process in which technology, content, design, business and knowledge about consumers and markets are optimally geared to one another and integrated functionally;
- Innovators are required to anticipate the future. After all, a new product will only be used if it is so special that it creates a new market as it were, or appears to seamlessly align with an obvious or latent market need. Timing and anticipation, in other words, are factors that should not be underestimated;
- To be able to develop products, innovators should be able to reshape analytical insights. In the manufacturing process of a product, an analysis is no longer a goal in itself (such as a report, article or academic or other publication), but a creative guiding principle: the building blocks for a product yet to be developed.
After your master
The Master Media Innovation offers you the required qualifications for a range of media positions including, but not limited to: product owner, innovation lead, creative lead, digital marketer, creative consultant, digital strategist, and digital brand strategist. After your graduation you are entitled to the degree of Master of Arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media theory
- Media Technology
- Research and Communication Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Applications handed in later than 1 July will be assessed after 15 August, due to the summer holidays. Therefore we would advise you to apply before 1 July.
DisciplinesInnovation Management Video Games & Multimedia Media Studies & Mass Media View 18 other Masters in Innovation Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you want to apply to this master's programme, you should have a bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration, Media Studies, Communication Studies, ICT, or another media-related field. Eligible candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Apart from educational background and language skills, criteria for admission are also personal qualities and motivation. Work experience in any field is preferred, though a study-related work experience (e.g. work placement) may be accepted as an alternative.
- Depending on your test results, work experience and the field of study of your first degree, an additional course may be required for admittance to the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10385 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.