With a growing world population, there is increasing need for scientific experts and entrepreneurs who can develop novel materials with advanced properties - addressing critical issues from energy to healthcare - and take scientific discoveries to the commercial world.
The Advanced Materials Science programme offered at the University College London (UCL) aims to equip students with advanced, comprehensive knowledge of materials science and related state-of-the-art technologies, an understanding of the structure, properties and applications of materials, scientific research skills, and the insight and capability to be an entrepreneur in the field. In addition, students will engage in a literature project and a six-month cutting-edge research project.
On graduation students will be equipped for a future career as a materials scientist or engineer in academia or industry, or as an entrepreneur.
- Advanced Materials Characterisation
- Advanced Materials Processing and Manufacturing
- Materials Design, Selection and Discovery
- Microstructural Control in Advanced Materials
- Research Methodology
- Advanced Topics in Energy Science and Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.