Students receive strong grounding in the six style periods in addition to an introduction to world music, preparing them to pursue a Ph.D. in music history or to teach music history.
If a student chooses to prepare a thesis in partial fulfillment of the degree requirements, the advisory committee must approve the topic for the paper. Students preparing a lecture/recital must submit a paper as part the lecture presentation. The advisory committee must approve the topic and format for the lecture/recital. The lecture/recital materials must be presented to the faculty advisory committee three weeks in advance of the public presentation. An interview with the Music History professor and a writing sample is required.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Forms And Analysis
- Introduction To Music Bibliography
- Thesis In Music
- Music Cultures Of The World
- Medieval And Renaissance Music Literature
- Baroque Music Literature
- Classical And Romantic Music Literature
- Twentieth-century Music Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic History View 108 other Masters in Music History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee: An application fee of $35.00 U.S. dollars must accompany each Graduate Application
- One Official Transcript: One official transcript verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree and previous graduate credit must accompany an application
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required of applicants to most graduate degree program
- Admission Test Scores: If test scores are required by a graduate degree program, the test score reports must be sent to the Graduate School from the testing center.
- Statement of Purpose: Applicants are encouraged to provide information about their reason for pursuing graduate studies
International627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State326 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 326 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.