The goals of the program are to provide a foundation of knowledge and diverse experiences in all aspects of prosthetic dentistry. The program prepares residents for a career in clinical practice, teaching, and/or research. Residents, on completion of the program, will be proficient in prosthodontics, restorative aspects of implant dentistry, occlusion, and dental materials.
The first year is primarily devoted to didactic and clinical prosthodontics. The core didactic curriculum is emphasized to assist the resident in performing the clinical treatments required.
During the second year, emphasis is on clinical treatment. Time is increased in the clinic, with minimal time spent in didactic effort. Residents complete a clinical rotation at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and a teaching rotation at UT School of Dentistry. Research opportunities are available at the Bering Omega Clinic.
The third year is devoted to clinical treatment, specialty lectures and studies, and completing the master's degree requirements. A master of science degree may be earned in oral biomaterials from the UT Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences or in prosthodontics from the UT School of Dentistry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Prosthodontic Clinic
- Classical Prosthodontic Literature Review and Current Literature
- Oral Biomaterials
- Advanced Basic Science
- Gnathologic Study Club
- Graduate Prosthodontic Resident Case Presentation Conference
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesDentistry View 97 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
- All applicants to UTHealth must submit one complete official transcript from each institution of higher (i.e., post-secondary) education attended
- Applicants to UT medical schools or dentistry (DDS) programs are required to submit transcripts to the campus where they are admitted in addition to the transcript which is submitted to the Texas Medical & Dental School Application Service in Austin
- Transcripts with print dates over 6 months will not be accepted as "official"
- The transcript should show a record of all academic work completed and must be submitted by the college or university directly to the Office of the Registrar
International16200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National16200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
In-State5400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5400 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.