Currently, four students are accepted per year. The experience of the Periodontics program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is structured as a comprehensive didactic and clinical program. Didactically, each student receives a broad education in basic sciences, as well as those pertaining specifically to periodontics. Seminar sessions reviewing all the classical and current literature dealing with periodontics, occlusion and implants are given throughout the program. Courses in clinical research design and biostatistics are also required.
The clinical experience expands throughout the three years and includes all aspects of periodontal therapy and implants, covering the range of periodontal procedures and oral regenerative techniques. Students also become proficient in conscious sedation, and a rotation in general anesthesia is included. Special clinical rotations are part of the training to gain experience with special patient populations, and integration with other specialties is promoted. A research project is mandatory as a requirement for the master's degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy-Head and Neck
- Conscious Sedation
- Periodontics Clinic
- Statistical Methods
- Periodontial Therapy
- Intra-Oral Photography
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 107 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
- Must have passed Part 1 and 2 of National Dental Board Exams
- Must have earned a DMD/DDS Degree or Equivalent
For international students:
- Part 1 and 2 of National Dental Board Exam Scores are preferred, but not required. ADA-ADAT (Advanced Dental Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores must be submitted. ADA-ADAT or GRE scores must have been taken within the last five years from the application.
- A minimum TOEFL iBT score of 92 is required that has been taken within the last three years from the application
- Evaluation and submission of foreign degree credentials by ECE or WES
- 2 x 2 “ photograph
- $50.00 personal check or money order payable to “UTHealth, Department of Periodontics”
- Brief Biography including your graduation year and school, current position, NBDE scores, class rank, ADAT or GRE scores if applicable, honors and publications
International8292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4146 USD per semester during 36 months.
National8292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4146 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State2040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.