On this Food Engineering Masters at University College Dublin you will develop new technical competencies in food and bioprocess engineering, learn how to develop and execute a research plan and acquire skills in the application of leading edge technologies to the agri-food and biotechnology industries, including novel food processing technology, food process automation, risk assessment, computer vision for food quality and food safety.
- This Masters is delivered by a highly research intensive School, comprising a European Research Council Fellow and six Marie Curie Fellowships.
- Two Professors, Sun and O'Donnell, are in the world's top one percent of the most cited scientists in their field.
The manufacture of food and drink products is Ireland’s most important indigenous industry with a turnover approaching €24 billion. Almost 50,000 people are directly employed in the food and drink sector with a further 60,000 employed indirectly in all regions of the country.
Excellent job prospects are available to graduates in the food, bioprocess, manufacturing and related agencies and industries in Ireland. Graduates have progressed to career opportunities in a broad range of internationally recognised companies including: Glanbia, Kepac, Coca Cola, Guinness, Kerry group, APV, MC O’Sullivan, and ALcontrol Laboratories.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Bioprocess Engineering Principles
- Quantitative Risk Assessment for Human and Animal Health
- Unit Operations in Bioprocess Engineering
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Advanced Food Process Engineering
- Global Cold Chain Safety
- Waste to Energy Processes & Technologies
- Food Chain Integrity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Food Sciences View 15 other Masters in Food Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A 4-year bachelors degree with a minimum upper second class honours (NFQ level 8) or international equivalence in a relevant Engineering programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8085 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.