Breathtaking changes in political, economic, and social relations have taken place over the past several centuries. Living and working in a rapidly changing global environment presents great opportunities to advance the human condition, promote growth and development, create political liberties, recast bargains between governments and their societies, transform social welfare, and advance the boundaries of knowledge and scientific exploration.
The Master of Arts in International Affairs at Washington University in St. Louis draws on teaching and expertise from Washington University faculty and experienced practitioners in the St. Louis region, and it provides knowledge and skills for understanding and working with some of the most difficult international and cross-cultural problems that states, societies, and communities face.
You have the opportunity to tailor your studies to explore topics such as global politics, global economics, development, international security and conflict, international business, human rights, the role of gender, the environment and sustainability, and issues of regional importance.
- Methods and Research Design
- Theories of International Relations
- International Organizations
- International Law and the Use of Force
- International Growth and Development
- American Foreign Policy
- International Economics
- International Political Economy in Theory and Practice
- Globalization and National Politics
- State Failure, State Success and Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Area & Cultural Studies International Relations View 719 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International59420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59420 USD per year during 12 months.
National59420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59420 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.