Science, engineering, and technology are increasingly driving the world economy. STEM professionals who understand and anticipate the legal, regulatory, and business implications of their work will be best prepared to lead the development of innovation and policy.
The unique Master of Science in Law curriculum centers on the intersection of law, business, and technology, with specific focus areas in business law and entrepreneurship, intellectual property and patent design, and regulatory analysis and strategy. Courses are designed specifically for MSL students, and students have the flexibility to design course plans that fit their particular interests and professional goals.
Students at Northwestern University have access to a highly successful alumni base, in addition to world-renowned faculty and broader Northwestern University resources. Northwestern Law is also a long-standing leader in curricular innovation, known for launching several other path-breaking programs. MSL students truly enjoy the best of both worlds: an innovative, new law degree awarded by an established, world-class law school.
- Business Formation & Structure
- Business Torts
- Contract Law & Design
- Intellectual Property Fundamentals
- Legal & Regulatory Process
- Public Persuasion or Persuasive Communication
- Research in Law, Business & Technology
- 9 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Public Law View 172 other Masters in International Law in United States
The application requires the following:
- A statement of purpose that addresses specific questions
- One letter of recommendation
- A resume or CV
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs
- International students must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score or apply for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver
- Online format applicants: video interview
- Residential format applicants: the admissions committee may request a video interview
International57106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57106 USD per year during 9 months.
National57106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57106 USD per year during 9 months.
- per year: $57,106 (full-time students)
- per credit: $2,040 (part-time students)
Living costs for Evanston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.