Public Administration at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi focuses on the application of Public Administration theory and concepts in real world situations. The program focuses on the management of critical issues in our three tracks:
- Public Management
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Administration
MPA Student Learning Outcomes
As a member of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA) students must demonstrate five universal required competencies related to the current needs and status of the public service. To complete the Masters of Public Administration Program at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Lead and manage in public governance by utilizing different theories and decision tools to identify and analyze management and public sector problems.
- Participate in and contribute to the policy process by successfully analyzing policy alternatives and use policy models, instruments and management tools to address social problems.
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions by utilizing analytical tools to analyze, present, and interpret data, including appropriate design, statistical, and evaluative techniques for both organizational decision making and policy decisions.
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective to administrative and policy decisions and actions by engaging public service principles that include inclusiveness; shared power and responsibility; public deliberation; accountability; aspiring to do the “right” thing rather than just do things right; respect and appreciation for diverse values and perspectives; wise stewardship of public resources, and an appreciation for lifelong learning.
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry by effectively communicating issues to a diverse set of stakeholders, in a manner that is accurate, clear, and concise, while also being tailored to varied audiences.
- Managerial careers in public and not-for-profit sectors
- City Manager
- Rehabilitation Hospital CEO
- Public Management Consulting Firm Vice-President
More informationVisit official programme website
- U.S. Government institutions
- Theory and Practice of Public Administration
- Policy Making and Public Administration
- Administrative Ethics
- Human Resource Management
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Public Sector Fiscal Management and Analysis
- Administrative Law
- Public Organizations
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- Statistics for Public Administrators
- Managing the Non-profit Organization
- Resource Development for Non-profit Organizations
- Program Evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Seminar in Public Administration - Capstone
- Topics in Public Administration
- Homeland Security and Public Administration
- Modern Terrorism and Counter Terrorism
- Emergency Management and Disaster Planning Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 513 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work undertaken from regionally accredited universities.
- A 300-500 word essay describing work experience, educational goals, professional goals, languages spoken and any other material that would be relevant. The essay should also address the reasons and motivations for seeking an MPA degree.
- A full resume.
- Two letters of Recommendation from individuals such as professors and employers attesting to the applicant's potential for success in a graduate program of study.
- $50 for US citizen, $70 for International Students
International7774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3887 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National7774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3887 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State2378 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1189 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi offers a variety of academically competitive scholarships for all students. The Scholarship Office assists students with the application process. The liaison also coordinates the process of manages and awarding scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.