The School Counseling specialty area leads to professional school counselor licensure through the Illinois State Board of Education. You’ll be ready to work in public and private K–12 school systems with a strong background in data-driven counseling.
- You have the option to pursue an initial teaching license (PEL) with a School Counselor endorsement. Students who are already licensed can add a School Counselor endorsement to their PEL.
- Courses in the Counseling (Concentration in School Counseling) from DePaul University are offered weekday evenings and Saturdays on the Lincoln Park Campus. The program can be completed in three years.
- Courses and professional practice experiences in the field provide students the skills and knowledge to deliver a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program based on national standards and best practice, and to serve as leaders and advocates for students, schools, and the profession.
- Legal And Ethical Issues In Counseling
- The Counseling Profession
- Group Counseling
- Testing And Appraisal
- Counseling Theories
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 1042 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Graduate admission application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Letters of recommendation from professors or work supervisors; applicants to the master's degree program are required to submit three letters.
International17368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.