The curriculum in the Documentary program from DePaul University integrates knowledge of documentary’s history, styles, traditions, affinity for research and development, and varied approaches to storytelling and production with high production values, effective post-production, and the ability to take creative work to its audiences.
Study in Chicago
- We see the world as your stage and we love our location. Chicago is home to one of the most involved and connected documentary communities across the nation and DePaul’s faculty has deep connections with production powerhouses like Kartemquin Educational Films (The Interrupters, Hoop Dreams, Life Itself), The Kindling Group (Radical Grace, The Calling, @Home) and Towers Productions. Come tour our urban campus to see for yourself the unique advantage we have in bringing the industry to you.
- Advanced Topics in Cinema
- Project Bluelight
- Topics in Study Abroad
- Video Art
- Multimedia News Production
- Audio Documentary
- Ethnographic Documentary Film Production
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts View 816 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Complete an online application.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- U.S. college and university transcripts should be mailed to the address below
- DePaul alumni/undergraduate students applying for graduate admission must also submit a DePaul transcript. Request a free electronic transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from people who can attest to your artistic abilities, commitment, work ethic and creative potential. Your recommenders will receive a link to upload their document.
- Submit a resume indicating your professional experience.
- Submit a portfolio that includes written and media work.
- Submit a statement of creative intent.
International18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 882 USD per credit during 36 months.
National18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 882 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.