Focus your research in areas such as:
- Algebra (Representation theory, Lie theory, Hopf algebras and quantum groups)
- Analysis (Harmonic, Fourier and functional analysis; Operator algebras; Spectral geometry)
- Dynamical systems
- Number theory
- Probability theory
The Pure Mathematics program from DePaul University is intended for students who will pursue a PhD in Mathematics or a closely related field, or those who wish to teach mathematics at the community college level. It can be completed in two years by taking two classes per quarter (with the option of summer quarter), or in one year (with the option of summer quarter) by taking three classes per quarter. Classes are offered in the evening on the Lincoln Park Campus.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Fields And Galois Theory
- Rings And Modules
- Measure Theory
- Functional Analysis
- Complex Analysis
- Elective Classes
- Probability And Statistics
- Mathematical Modeling
- Numerical Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 916 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
To be eligible for admission into the Master's program in Pure Mathematics, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university. For full admission, applicants must have already completed the following undergraduate-level coursework:
- Two semesters (or three quarters) of single-variable calculus
- One semester (or two quarters) of multivariable calculus
- A course in logic and proofs
- A course in linear algebra
- One semester (or two quarters) of abstract algebra
- One semester (or two quarters) of real analysis
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.