Become a well-rounded biologist through a combination of lecture, laboratory and seminar courses in the Biological Sciences MS program from DePaul University. Work on cutting-edge research in labs alongside your peers and professors—and develop your own concentration of studies under the mentorship of your faculty advisor.
Classes take place on the Lincoln Park Campus and are typically held in the daytime.
For international students: this is a STEM-designated program, which can qualify you to extend your post-graduation stay in the United States.
With urban and natural spaces that exist in harmony, Chicago is one of the most biodiverse areas in the Midwest: ideal for fieldwork, exploration and study. As one of the largest cities in the country, it’s also home to world-famous institutions such as the Museum of Science and Industry, Field Museum and Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Microbial Ecology
- Molecular Methods In Ecology And Evolution
- Concepts In Evolution
- Topics In Medical Bacteriology
- Plant Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Problems In Cell Motility
- Genetic Toxicology
- Molecular Biology
- Bioinformatics For Bench Scientists
- Cancer Biology
- Physiology And Neurobiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Molecular Sciences View 1264 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts from all previous college course work (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Three letters of recommendation from science professors, preferably biology
- A personal statement that explains your interest in the biological sciences graduate program at DePaul. The statement should specify your career goals and any specific area of interest.
International750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per year during 24 months.
National750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.