Students engage in visual and theoretical research, ideation, visualization, prototyping and testing of creative solutions that address critical problems faced in the contemporary visual world.
Graduates of this Visual Communication Design MVCD program from Arizona State University are adept in working with fundamental principles of visual communication design, emotional intelligence and systems thinking in problem identification and its appropriate contextual solutions. They pursue professional practice in visual communication and multimedia industry as well as in academia.
Graduates pursue professional practice in visual communication, experience design and strategic design as well as in academia. Career opportunities include:
- creative lead
- design critic
- design futures professional
- design researcher
- design manager
- experience designer
- interaction designer
- senior visual communication designer
- service designer
- social designer
- strategic designer
- UX designer
- visual design consultant
- visual sense-maker
- Teaching Design
- Advanced Visual Communication Design Studio
- Web Design and Development
- Visual Effects
- Graphic Communications
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts User Experience Design Digital Communication View 49 other Masters in User Experience Design in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution. Students should see below for information on the qualifications for a two-year program of study or a three-plus-year program of study.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- additional required application items submitted to SlideRoom (see below)
- two letters of reference
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 36 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.