Students enrolled in the Theatre for Youth and Community MFA program offered at Arizona State University complete their course of study equipped to be engaged and innovative leaders in artistry, scholarship, education and activism. Graduates are prepared for careers that include teacher of artistry, directing and education directing; specialist in arts and civic organizations; teacher in elementary, secondary and tertiary education systems; and careers in social profit organizations and in arts entrepreneurship.
Graduates of the Theatre for Youth and Community MFA program offered at Arizona State University are prepared to work in a variety of settings and industries including higher education, professional theatre companies, community arts organizations and youth theatre programs.
They are prepared for careers that include teacher of artistry, directing and education directing; specialist in arts and civic organizations; teacher in elementary, secondary and tertiary education systems; and careers in social profit organizations and in arts entrepreneurship. Other career examples include:
- community arts facilitator
- community engagement and social activist artist
- social engagement practitioner
- stage or film director
- Theatre History
- Studies in Dramatic Theory and Criticism
- Methods of Teaching Drama
- Projects in Community Based Drama
- Advanced Studies in Theatre for Youth
- Touring Theatre
- Research in Drama Education
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 813 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- current curriculum vitae
- statement of purpose
- curated arts portfolio
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 36 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.