Students in the Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Acting program from DePaul University learn from a distinguished faculty of working professionals who possess a wide variety of backgrounds and expertise. Our faculty has spent many years developing powerful curricula that mine a diversity of ideas from Stanislavski, Spolin, Grotowski, Shurtleff, Lessac, Linklater, Yoga, Tai Chi, Feldenkrais® Method, Laban, mask work, and more.
Students are inspired through unique points-of-view within a comprehensive progression of acting, movement, and voice and speech curricula.
Equally important to the training students receive in the classroom is the opportunity they have to synthesize that learning in the production process, with each student completing seven production assignments during the three year program.
The Theatre School admits a diverse acting pool and encourages applicants inclusive of all gender and sexual identities and expressions, including their intersection with racial and ethnic identities, as well as the multiplicity of identities in our ever-evolving society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Acting
- Graduate Voice and Speech
- Graduate Movement
- Graduate Seminar
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 212 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- The first step is to complete the online application. As part of this application, you will be asked to upload your photograph and resume. The application fee ($75) is paid by credit or debit card when completing the application.
- Only those who have submitted an application will be able to register for an audition through our online system.
- Have an official copy of your academic transcript from every undergraduate college or university you have attended sent to The Theatre School Admissions Office.
- Request three letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your desire to attend The Theatre School.
International865 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 865 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National865 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 865 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State865 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 865 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.