- The Sustainable Urban Development program from DePaul University is framed by a simple value—that a sustainable city is one that’s sustainable for everyone. You will look at sustainability holistically, researching urban environments as an integrated system.
- Beyond theoretical knowledge, you’ll gain a technical foundation using industry-standard Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping software.
- Courses are offered in the evening and the program can be completed in two years.
- Sustainable urban development I: planning, policy & community development
- Sustainable urban development ii: green infrastructure & the environment
- Brownfields redevelopment: practice and implementation
- Urban design laboratory
- Professional seminar in sustainable urban development
- Capstone - professional portfolio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Urban Planning View 264 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- a completed online application;
- official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended;
- a current CV or resume;
- a two-page personal statement that reflects on a student’s past coursework and/or experiences in sustainable development and related fields, discusses future goals, and explains why this particular program appeals to them;
- an application to the MA in Sustainable Urban Development does not require the GRE, LSAT or GMAT.
International18954 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18954 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.