Take a critical look at how gender, race, class and other systems of power are constructed in society.
- Focuses on the interconnectedness of local and global and feminist theories, methodologies, research, public policies and social movements
- Addresses issues of power, resistance and social transformation
- Connects feminist theories to activism and social justice
- Engages communities through research, advocacy and service
Courses are offered in the evening at the Lincoln Park Campus and the Women’s and Gender Studies MA program from DePaul University can be completed in two years.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Feminist Theories
- Globalization, Transnationalism, and Gender
- Methods and Scholarship in Women's & Gender Studies
- Contentions in Feminist and Gender Theorizing: New Directions
- Final Project Independent Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 106 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
- One official transcript from a regionally accredited institution that shows successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and official transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended.
- Two letters of recommendation, with at least one of the letter from an undergraduate professor.
- Admission Essay (750 words) in which you discuss your background and interests, situate yourself within the field of Women’s and Gender Studies, and explain your interest in DePaul University’s graduate program.
- A writing sample
International17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.