Students will learn to apply engineering principles to software development, including design methodologies, operation principles and maintenance and testing approaches. The program involves the application of engineering principles to software development including design methodologies, operation principles, and maintenance and testing approaches.
The Software Engineering MSc program from Arizona State University builds upon the Bachelor of Science in software engineering program and is aimed at developing professional skills in this discipline as well as providing opportunities for students to engage in and develop research abilities.
- Software engineers solve a broad set of transdisciplinary problems and apply new technologies to improve the quality of life.
- This master's degree is a unique program in which students learn by solving engaging projects, commonly as a member of a development team. The program prepares graduates for advanced study in computing, an allied field, or to enter the computing profession (most commonly as an application software engineer). Graduates design and engineer innovative systems that may include mechanical and electrical components that interact with software.
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Data Structures with Object Oriented Programming
- Computer Systems Fundamentals
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Microcomputer Architecture and Programming
- Programming Languages
- Programming Languages and Their Execution Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 510 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in information technology, computer science, applied computing, engineering or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution (or international equivalent).
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE test scores
- personal statement
- proof of English language proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Mesa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.