Choose from courses in poetry, fiction and non-fiction (travel, magazine, memoir, science writing, personal essay, etc). Professional internships give you the opportunity to join Chicago’s vibrant literary scene—and to start a rewarding creative career.
Earn additional graduate certificates in:
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Teaching English in Two-Year Colleges
- Digital Humanities
Courses are offered weekday evenings on the Lincoln Park Campus. The Writing and Publishing program from DePaul University may be completed in two years.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Creative Writing
- Travel Writing
- Science Writing
- Writing Fiction
- Writing Poetry
- Writing the Literature of Fact
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing View 383 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- A completed application.
- Official transcripts detailing course work from all colleges and universities you have attended. If you send transcripts directly to DePaul, they must be in a sealed envelope with the official registrar's stamp across the envelope flap.
- A résumé that summarizes your education and relevant experience.
- A reflective essay, from 500 to 750 words long, describing your objectives in applying to DePaul's MA in Writing and Publishing program and your plans for the future.
- A portfolio (approximately 25 pages) of representative creative writing.
- An application fee of $40.
- Two letters of recommendation
International17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.