- The Special Education Early Childhood Intervention (Birth-Grade 2) program at the Hofstra University provides students with the knowledge, skills and values needed to work effectively as early interventionists with children, birth through age 5, and their families, and to serve as early childhood special educators with children through the second grade level across the full range of disabilities (mild, moderate, severe and multiple). This program builds upon general education and all students must have prerequisite preparation in early childhood and/or childhood education.
- Students in this program will specialize in applied behavior analysis and its use with young children with disabilities. Areas of focus include: data collection and analysis, behavioral intervention in the classroom, and ways to promote generalization. Ethical concerns with regard to behavior change will be addressed throughout the program.
- Young Children With Disabilities
- Collaborative Partnerships With Families of Children With Disabilities
- Educational Intervention for Young Children With Disabilities
- Early Intervention: Infant Stimulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 555 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Initial or professional New York state teacher certification in early childhood or childhood education.
- A completed application form.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- *Submission of scores on a nationally-normed graduate admission test (GRE or Praxis). Recent SAT/ACT exams may be accepted if verifiable by the test provider.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's potential to succeed in the teaching of students with disabilities.
- A written personal statement of professional intent.
- An interview with a faculty member in early childhood special education.
International33975 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33975 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.