The Mathematics MA degree offered at Arizona State University prepares students to pursue a successful career as a professional mathematician working in industry, government labs, or to teach entry level mathematics at universities or at the community college level. Graduates of the program have gone on to work in diverse industries including space, defense, news, and pharma.
The skills of a mathematician are in high demand from employers because the traits that make them a good mathematician make them a great addition to any organization — their discipline, their attention to detail, their love for solving problems and, above all, their resilience.
The Master of Arts program in mathematics is designed to prepare students for careers requiring sophisticated mathematical skills that may be applied to many different sectors, including education, industry and government.
Potential career opportunities include:
- finance and investment analyst
- mathematics professor or instructor
- operations research analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Geometry & Topology
- Real Analysis
- Statistics & Probability
- Mathematics Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 168 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in mathematics or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution as well as completed coursework in linear algebra (equivalent to ASU course MAT 342 or MAT 343) and advanced calculus (equivalent to ASU course MAT 371).
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00="A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00="A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of education and career goals
- GRE (general) scores
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 24 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.