Receive individual attention while immersing yourself in the community that our well-respected philosophy department provides. The strengths of Philosophy Brandeis University's Master of Arts Program in Philosophy lie in a number of subfields - metaphysics and epistemology, ethics, social and political philosophy, philosophy of language, logic, philosophy of the mind and cognitive science, history of modern philosophy, aesthetics, gender and philosophy, and philosophy of law.
The M.A. can enhance your credentials and prepare you to apply to leading Ph.D. programs in philosophy.
Features that distinguish Brandeis' Master of Arts in Philosophy include:
- Close Supervision: Given that Brandeis does not have a competing doctoral program, master's students work closely with members of our esteemed philosophy faculty in small seminars and classes.
- Reputation: The program ranks among the top philosophy programs in the country.
- Breadth: Many Brandeis departments are complementary to the study of philosophy, including: American Studies, English, Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, and Women's and Gender Studies. These faculty regularly teach cross-listed courses with Philosophy, offering students a broader education.
- Department Life: Our departmental colloquium series brings in speakers from major philosophy departments around the country, allowing students to participate in current philosophical debates.
- The Boston Community: The Boston area is a lively academic community with a large, exhilarating network of philosophy students and scholars, for which a listserv of philosophy-related colloquia, lectures, conferences, discussion groups, and other events is maintained by our department.
- Mentoring and Career Counseling: Each master's student is assigned a philosophy faculty mentor who not only supervises his/her work, but helps plan the best route through the program and beyond.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Visit the course catalog for the most updated course listing, course descriptions, and degree requirements.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 181 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Standardized test scores or a graded analytical paper
- English Proficiency
- A letter of recommendation
International53500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National53500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.