Apply directly through to the Master’s degree in Music Education at Hofstra University. Just make sure you meet the graduate program requirements and the expected English language level.
INTO helps you apply to multiple universities at once and the application process won’t cost you anything. Graduate Direct Entry students also receive a Direct Entry I-20 invitation that you will need to be permitted to enter the United States.
What to expect from studying this Music Education program
When studying a Music Education program, you will choose to specialize in one the subjects focusing on the human condition: Anthropology, Languages, Cultural Studies, Ethics, Philosophy, Literature, History, Liberal Arts, and more.
Learn about how culture grows and transforms and the major events that shaped our human society. You will develop creative and critical thinking. Become part of the discussion and the force of change that will shape our future and create a medium for discourse, idea exchange and the development of new ideas.
By understanding the various aspects that make us human, you learn to bridge the gap and the differences between different cultures, and focus on the things we have in common, instead of our differences. Teaching is an important component of the Music Education, as once you will develop your knowledge of human culture you are responsible for sharing this knowledge with others, creating awareness and educating.This is a comprehensive program which aims to integrate on–campus course work with field experiences in a variety of school settings, culminating in full-time student teaching. Literacy, multicultural education, and technology are integrated throughout all aspects of the program. This program supports and reflects the national and New York State Learning Standards for the Arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Development and Learning in Childhood and Adolescence
- Perspectives on Educational Practice
- Information Technology for Teachers
- Integrating Technology in Music Education
- The Exceptional Child
- Inclusion in Today's Schools
- Literacy for Special Subjects Teachers
- General Methods of Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3778 other Masters in Education in United States
- All information is provided as a guide and does not guarantee entry. Admissions decisions are at the discretion of the university.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, minimum 3.0 GPA and English language requirements in one of the following tests. Additional requirements may apply.
- GMAT/GRE requirement may apply depending on the program. In addition, the graduate programs may have other/higher requirements with which applications must comply.
International28690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National28690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.