GPIS is an interdisciplinary unit, offering advanced research and graduate training in global problems and transnational issues. Fields of concentration include: U.S. foreign policy and international relations, conflict and cooperation, international political economy and development, interdependence and transnationalism, and comparative and regional studies, modeling and simulation, and cultural studies.
The M.A. requires 33 credits, of which at least 27 must be at the 600 level or above. The required course work for all M.A. students includes the basic methodology course (IS 600), but does not include any courses needed for demonstrating foreign language competency. M.A. candidates writing theses will incorporate into their 33-credit program six credits of directed research on the thesis. Students pursuing a non-thesis track will take a four and 1/2 hour comprehensive examination after the completion of their course work.
- Research Methods in International Studies
- Seminar in International Relations Theory
- International Economics
- American Foreign Policy and World Order
- International History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 161 other Masters in International Relations in United States
- Application and fee
- Equivalent U.S. Bachelor's Degree
- All prior College/University transcripts and Diploma
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only)
- Passport identification page, if available
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for the verbal, quantitative, and analytic writing sections
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate or prior graduate course work
- Letters of recommendation
- Two-page double-spaced essay of not more than 500 words describing interestin and capacity for advanced training in global/transnational issues
- One example of writing or research (a paper submitted to a seminar, a publication or report or other camparable example)
International1320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1320 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National523 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 523 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.