In addition to acquiring historical knowledge of the world we live in, students will graduate the History MA program from Arizona State University with communication and analytical skills that lead to numerous employment opportunities in politics, non-profit and academia. SHPRS is also one of the leaders in the field of public history, which takes history outside of the walls of the classroom and prepares students for careers in historic preservation, museums, historical societies, archives and government agencies.
With more than 40 faculty members, the award-winning history faculty offers diverse programs and an intellectual community that challenges and inspires scholars. Students will work with distinguished faculty to research and interpret history and prepare for a future doing work that affects the world.
The Master of Arts program in history provides students the fundamental training needed for careers in research, teaching, public history, government service and a host of other positions in the public, private and nonprofit sectors. Program graduates serve as first-rate historians, highly qualified teachers at the elementary, secondary levels, community colleges, researchers and consultants, archivists, Foreign Service officers, management professionals, community organizers and public servants.
Career examples include:
- business executive
- college instructor
- editorial and publishing professional
- K-12 school teacher
- museum director and staff
- nonprofit director
- research professional
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical Methods
- North American Core
- European Core
- Global/Comparative Core
- Public History Methodology
- Global/Comparative History Core
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Modern History American Studies View 663 other Masters in History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00= "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00= "A") in an applicable master's degree program. The most competitive applicants have a GPA of 3.30 or higher.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of purpose
- resume or curriculum vitae
- writing sample
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online Arizona resident: $12,888/year
- Online Non-Arizona resident: $14,200/year
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.