The focus of the Hofstra University's Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) Track is to prepare graduates to provide patient-centered quality care to the adult and older adult population. The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care NP applies evidence in practice designed to improve quality of care and health outcomes. The adult gerontology population-focused competencies incorporated into the Master of Science program build on the NP Core Competencies.
- Pathophysiology Across the Life Span
- Advanced Gerontological Care
- Information Technology and Health Literacy Seminar I
- Advanced Health Assessment Across the Life Span
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Gerontology View 777 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- BS in Nursing from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0.
- An unencumbered New York state RN license.
- Nursing clinical experience: Prior to entering the clinical coursework of the MS program in the fall of year 2, a minimum of two years of acute/critical care experience is required.
- Verification of a basic health assessment course.
- Verification of a statistics course.
- AHA Certification: current copy of ACLS certification.
- A resume that includes relevant work experiences.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A pre-admission interview.
- One essay.
- Comprehensive background check.
- Student Health Requirements.
International40927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
National40927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.