This is accomplished by creating opportunities for the acquisition and maintenance of knowledge, skills, and dispositions as prescribed by the Council for Exceptional Children, the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (for graduate program only), and state and federal regulations.
Graduate candidates follow a course of study with accompanying practical experiences that are grounded in learned society theory, research, evidence-based practice, and experience. Our candidates develop essential interpersonal skills that make them valued members of collaborative, interdisciplinary teams in a variety of settings. Thus, each program of study is designed to promote problem-solving skills that enable candidates to continue to broaden their skills and enhance their expertise throughout their professional career. These skills facilitate the recognition and integration of professional ethics with the individual needs and values of the communities they serve.
More informationVisit official programme website
High Incidence Disabilities
Reading and Writing Instruction for Students with Disabilities
Research Methods in Special Education
Assessment in Special Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Include a formal written statement, at least one page in length, of why you want to pursue a Master's degree in Special Education or Behavior Intervention Specialist. Explain career goals and additional experiences with individuals with disabilities.
- Personal Fitness Statement (formerly Rule 20/21 Form)
- Copy of Teaching Certificate
- All candidates must have completed SPED 4800/8806 Emotional Development of Children and Youth and EDUC 2510 Applied Special Education or SPED 8030 Teaching Students with Exceptionalities (or an equivalent to any of these), and methods courses in reading and math.
International16020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State7138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7138 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.