The goal of Human Centered Computing program at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) is an understanding of how humans interact with information technologies and to use this information to improve the lives of those individuals.
The MS program in HCC is an interdisciplinary program that has been training HCC practitioners and researchers since 2007. The program has two tracks: a Practitioner Track for those who wish to become user experience, information architecture, or usability professionals and a Research Track for those who are interested in pursuing a Master’s Thesis and possibly apply to a PhD program.
Graduates from our program have moved on to be UX directors in both government and industrial positions, and graduates from the research track have joined top HCC PhD research programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graphical User Interface Design & Implementation
- Fundamentals of Human-Centered Computing
- Structured Systems Analysis and Design
- Graphic Design for Interactive Systems
- Human-Centered Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 106 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate GPA above 3.2.
- All applicants are expected to read, speak, write, and understand the English language fluently. Those whose native language is not English are required to take a language proficiency test. The only exception to this requirement is for students who have earned a post-secondary degree from an accredited university in the United States. Students who have received post-secondary degrees from a U.S. institution and whose native language is not English may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year during 24 months.
National23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14814 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.