The Master of Science in Technology program from Appalachian State University focuses on sustainable technological development within the broad areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, high-performance buildings and related topics. Graduates are prepared for careers in fields such as renewable energy research and development; building sciences, including building energy efficiency; sustainability policy development and implementation; energy consulting; and/or for continuing education at the doctoral level.
Students in the graduate program have the opportunity to develop expertise in relation to specific concentration areas. The program has three concentrations from which to choose:
- Appropriate Technology – Focuses on development and use of sustainable or “green” technologies, with an emphasis on renewable energy systems. The program is widely recognized for the contributions made by faculty and students in the arena of energy research, energy policy, and other sustainable waste and resource management technologies.
- Sustainable Building Design and Construction – Recognized for its emphasis on energy efficient building design, construction and testing, as well as on use of alternative building materials. This concentration focuses on efficient building systems and the relationship between buildings and occupant comfort and health, as well as on developing students’ project management capabilities.
- Renewable Energy Engineering – Designed for individuals with undergraduate degrees in engineering, mathematics or the physical sciences who are interested in a program with a strong technical emphasis on renewable energy system design, monitoring and analysis.
- Business owner and president
- Research engineer
- Project engineer
- Energy manager
- Solar designer/engineer
- Energy advisor
- Policy analyst
- Sustainability director
- Legislative assistant
- Executive director
- Senior consultant
- Peace Corps volunteer
- Energy analyst
- Energy modeler
- PhD candidate
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Industrial Leadership, Organization, and Communication
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship in Technology and Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTechnology Management View 226 other Masters in Technology Management in United States
- GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Resume (Required upload for application submission); letter addressing reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program, not to exceed two pages stating reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program
- Meeting or exceeding the conditions below does NOT guarantee admission. All applications for a given entry term will be weighed based upon the number of seats available and the quality of the complete application packages.
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
International13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 12 months.
National13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1815 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.