Contemporary society doesn’t function on its own. Leaders must prepare to face challenging questions and guide it. The School of Public Administration at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) is home to nationally known faculty whose dedication prepares tomorrow’s leaders to manage organizations, plan cities, protect natural resources, hold elected office and ensure access to human services.
The School of Public Administration, located on the UNO campus, is a national leader in public service education, with five of its programs ranked in the nation’s top 25 by U.S. News & World Report. To learn more about the School of Public Administration's national rankings, please visit National Rankings.
If you think public service is in your future, you’ll find that our diverse programming can complement your interests and provide a strong orientation to the field.
- Foundations of Public Administration
- Organization Theory and Behavior
- Public and Nonprofit Budgeting
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Policy Design and Implementation
- Planning and Evaluation
- Advanced Management and Leadership for Public and Nonprofit Professionals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 508 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- The general prerequisite for admission to the MPA program is a four-year bachelors’ degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA in the junior and senior years (last 50-60 credit hours)
- GRE score is required
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose/Admissions Essay
- The essay should be two to four pages (doubled-spaced and answer the following questions:
International16020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State7138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7138 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.