Appalachian State University’s Master of Science in Nutrition program offers two concentrations:
- Dietetics – an on-campus concentration that combines the Master of Science degree and a dietetic internship accredited by an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Most students take the registration exam in the summer after completing the two-year program to become a registered dietitian.
- Public Health Nutrition – an online concentration to help you develop an understanding of the relationship between nutrition and human health that you can use to start a new career or advance to higher levels in your current position.
You will study with faculty whose research interests include rural health and the region’s traditional and current dietary practices, the interaction of nutrients and foods on physiological and athletic outcomes, behavior modification, snacking behavior, chronic disease epidemiology, local farmer’s markets, food science course pedagogy, and nutritional interventions for children with HIV.
- Clinical Dietitian
- Registered Dietitian
- Director of Nutrition Services
- Wellness Coach
- Care Plan Manager
- Wellness and Benefits Coordinator
- Sales Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Nutrition and Foods
- Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Nutrition for the Elderly
- Advanced Concepts in Nutrition and Assessment
- Dietetic Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 318 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Resume (Required upload for application submission); letter addressing reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program, not to exceed two pages stating reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program
- Meeting or exceeding the conditions below does NOT guarantee admission. All applications for a given entry term will be weighed based upon the number of seats available and the quality of the complete application packages.
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
International13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 24 months.
National13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State3630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1815 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.