At Marriage and Family Therapy from Appalachian State University students are engaged in systemically-oriented, ethical, inclusive and socially-just training that meets rigorous clinical and academic standards. Student learning includes emphasis on critical thinking and reflective practice. This is a thesis optional clinical training program.
Alumni of the MFT program are employed as LMFTs in private practice, non-profit agencies, residential treatment programs, intensive in-home programs, in-school therapy programs and hospital settings throughout the U.S. Alumni have also been successfully admitted into Ph.D. programs.
- Theories of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Marriage and Family Counseling: Clinical Issues
- Assessment and Diagnosis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Mediation & Divorce Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Counselling View 1041 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Required number of references to specify in the online form: 3
- Resume (Required upload for application submission);
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
- HPC Department Questionnaire
- Pay the online application fee
- Mail official or certified transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended that have been evaluated by a NACES accredited credential evaluation service.
- Provide proof of English proficiency.
- Submit your graduate application online.
International19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 24 months.
National19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4839 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4839 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.