At History from Appalachian State University students prepare for careers in museums, historic sites, high school teaching, archives, community college teaching, historical consulting, state parks, government and publishing, among others, or for Ph.D. programs.
- Collections Manager
- Training Specialist
- City Planner
- Apprentice Cooper
- Research Seminar in European History
- Research Seminar in American History
- Research Seminar in Appalachian History
- Research Seminar in Latin American History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Admission - priority deadline is March 15
30-36 depending on the concentration
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 262 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Required Entrance Exam: GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Required number of references to specify in the online form: 3
- Resume (Required upload for application submission);
- cover letter addressing reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program and a writing sample (e.g., a research paper)
- Graduate School: 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the online application fee
- Mail official or certified transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended that have been evaluated by a NACES accredited credential evaluation service.
- Provide proof of English proficiency.
International19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
National19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4839 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4839 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.