Additionally, the program prepares students for advanced study in related fields such as exercise physiology, biomechanics, physical therapy, medicine and chiropractic medicine, and for research.
As a student in the Master of Science degree in Exercise Science from Appalachian State University, you’ll take a scientific core of courses that provide a complete understanding of human physiology and biomechanics and how exercise impacts those areas. After completing the core, you can choose one of three concentrations to develop practical knowledge:
- Research – Includes coursework and experiences to prepare students for future Ph.D. work.
- Clinical Exercise Physiology – Includes coursework and experiences to prepare students for careers in clinical settings such as hospitals and rehabilitation facilities focusing on preventive and chronic disease management.
- Strength and Conditioning – Includes coursework and experiences to prepare students for careers in strength and conditioning, personal training, or sports performance.
- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Research Technician
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Research Principles and Design
- Exercise Science Seminar
- Biomechanical and Physiological Laboratory Assessment
- Data Analysis in Sport and Exercise Science
- Exercise Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 399 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Resume (Required upload for application submission); personal statement describing your academic and professional goals (upload on the Additional Information page in the online application)
- Basic Conditions for Consideration of Admission: Meeting or exceeding the conditions below does NOT guarantee admission.
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
International13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6852 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6852 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State3630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1815 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.