English from Appalachian State University offers students a broad knowledge of content in the discipline and helps them develop advanced proficiency in reading, writing, analysis and research skills, and teaching.
- University professor
- Community college instructor
- High school teacher
- Program director
- Project manager
- ESL facilitator
- Teaching in the Writing Center
- Teaching Basic Writing
- Teaching Expository Writing
- Teaching Writing Across the Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 756 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Required number of references to specify in the online form: 3
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
- writing sample and letter of intent
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the online application fee
- Mail official or certified transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended that have been evaluated by a NACES accredited credential evaluation service.
- Provide proof of English proficiency.
International19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
National19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4839 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4839 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.