The Biology program from Appalachian State University will provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of broad fields and disciplines in biology while also allowing specialization in an area of your choice.
The program has three concentrations:
- Cell and Molecular Biology (207B) – Students choosing this track conduct research aimed at understanding cellular and molecular processes that govern life at the molecular level and take coursework aimed that complement their research program.
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (207D) – Students choosing this track are involved in research programs that address key questions in physiological, population, community and ecosystem ecology with emphasis on evolutionary principles and take coursework that complement their research program.
- General Biology (207C) – Students choosing this track have the flexibility to customize their program to incorporate aspects of both of the above tracks. In addition, students who would like to focus their coursework and research on secondary science education can choose this track.
- Environmental Consultant
- Conservation Biologist
- Research Laboratory Manager/ Supervisor
- Teaching Laboratory Manager/ Supervisor
- Field Ecologist
- University Instructor
- Research Scientist (University or Industry labs)
- Biology/Science Teacher
- Science Writer
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Sales
- Curator for biodiversity collections
- Director of animal facilities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Topics in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Genetics View 445 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Resume (Required upload for application submission); Letter of Intent detailing graduate plans and expectations (upload on the Additional Information page in the online application).
- Must find a research mentor in department before admission.
- Meeting or exceeding the conditions below does NOT guarantee admission. All applications for a given entry term will be weighed based upon the number of seats available and the quality of the complete application packages.
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
International13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6852 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6852 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State3630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1815 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.