We offer a master degree in Health Informatics at The University of Alabama at Birmingham. Health Informatics is a rapidly emerging discipline that connects people, technology, and data to better improve healthcare outcomes.
Health Informatics professionals work with the processes and tools used to implement, maintain, and evaluate health informatics systems and applications.
The Health Informaticist is a cross-cutting leader who drives analytics and usability.
- US News & World Reports ranks 10 UAB graduate programs in the Top 20 Best Graduate Programs (2020).
- Earn your Master’s degree in 24 months.
- No GRE required.
- No healthcare background required.
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty as leaders in healthcare IT practice, research, and education.
- Health Informatics & Health Care Delivery
- Analysis and Design of Health Information Systems
- Clinical & Administrative Systems
- Principles in Health Informatics
- Databases and Data Modeling
- Strategic Planning, Project Management and Contracting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences Health Informatics View 193 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
- Applicants for all HI Programs must hold a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited university and should meet a GPA of 3.0 or above for the last 60 hours of coursework.
- Personal Essay Statement highlighting your desire for enrollment and how you will utilize the knowledge and skills gained in your professional career.
- Current Resume or CV outlining your professional work experience.
- Three letters of recommendation (not required for the certificate application).
- Official transcripts from all previous academic work beyond secondary must be submitted directly to the graduate school by mail or email.
International43140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1438 USD per credit during 24 months.
National40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.