The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Engineering and the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) offers a unique opportunity to earn a Master of Engineering (MEng) degree with a concentration in Structural Engineering for qualified working professionals who hold an ABET accredited undergraduate degree from a U.S. college or university.
- Increase your earning and promotion potential with a MEng with a concentration in Structural Engineering.
- No entrance exam (i.e., GRE or GMAT) required for domestic students.
- The 30-hour degree can be completed online in 19 months.
- All students pay in-state tuition.
- Learn from instructors with years of industry experience and professional licensure.
- New students are admitted three times per year — fall, spring, and summer.
- The curriculum is designed for individuals who want to interact with peers and faculty in a virtual online environment.
- Students must hold an ABET-accredited engineering undergraduate degree from any U.S. college or university, or in a closely related science major.
- International students with undergraduate degrees are required to submit GRE and TOEFL scores in addition to degree transcripts.
- Advanced Mechanics for Structural Engineering
- Advanced Design of Steel Structures
- Advanced Reinforced Concrete
- Prestressed Concrete Behavior and Design
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Bridge Engineering
- 19 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 366 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited U.S. College or University, or a bachelor’s degree in a closely related science major
- No GRE/GMAT required from students with qualifying degrees from U.S. colleges or universities.
- International students are required to have a bachelor's degree in engineering or a science-related field and must submit TOEFL, IELTS, PTEA, IELA, or Duolingo scores.
- Original transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since high school must be sent directly to the UAB Graduate School (detailed instructions are included during the online application process).
- Minimum undergraduate prerequisites or equivalent
- Proper computer equipment and high-speed internet direct access
- All prospective students must demonstrate intermediate computer and software proficiency and have a strong willingness to advance those skills and other forms of online communication.
International23134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1221 USD per credit during 19 months.
National21618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1141 USD per credit during 19 months.
In-State9132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 482 USD per credit during 19 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.