The School of Film, Dance and Theatre seeks individuals who are self-motivated, have clear and demonstrated objectives, and are willing to explore new possibilities in the field of dance. This Dance MFA program from Arizona State University also recognizes and encourages individual strengths and professional experience. The School of Film, Dance and Theatre welcomes a diversity of applicants with interest in:
- dance and art making
- dance technologies
- improvisation and real-time composing
- socially-engaged and community arts practices
- sound design
- transdisciplinarity and hybridity
Framing and Contextualizing:
- dance and related histories
- dance anthropology and ethnography
- dance pedagogy
- educational and professional partnerships
- movement analysis and critical inquiry
- musical methods
- performance and cultural studies
- philosophy of dance
- contemporary ballet
- postmodern contemporary dance
- somatic practices
- urban arts practices
Dance artists and educators who complete the Master of Fine Arts program in dance are prepared to work in a variety of settings and industries including higher education dance programs, commercial dance venues, community dance and wellness programs, professional dance companies and stage production settings.
Career examples include:
- community engagement and social activist artist
- dance researcher, scholar or reviewer
- dance works curator
- performing artist
- performing arts program developer
- social engagement practitioner
- somatics educator
- teaching artist
- university dance educator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hip Hop
- Postmodern Contemporary
- Contemporary Ballet
- Somatic Practices
- Hip Hop Ensemble
- Afro-Latin Movement Practices
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Sports Sciences Theatre & Dance View 813 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- personal statement
- teaching sample
- recent creative works
- current resume
- letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 36 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.