Growth in complexity and size of college and university administration has prompted a need for professionally trained administrators who are knowledgeable of the structure, financing, legal issues, staffing, and administration of higher education organizations. The Student Affairs emphasis prepares individuals in the field of college student affairs including numerous student service areas.
What Will I Learn?
Students enrolled in Higher Education programs will learn how to work in a variety of areas in higher education including both student affairs and academic affairs. Whether you desire to become a student affairs professional, an administrator, or faculty, you will want to consider a degree in Higher Education.
drop down menu:
- M.Ed. Education (Student Affairs in Higher Education)
- Ed.D. Education (Higher Education Administration)—part time, fully online
- Ph.D. Education (Higher Education Administration)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Higher Education faculty are skilled practitioners and productive researchers in the areas of higher education and student affairs.
- Their research interests include health literacy and education, cultural competence, professional practice, student life – historical and current, social justice in higher education, and the history of higher education.
- Faculty work collaboratively with students to publish articles and co-present research at numerous national conferences.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Business Administration View 3513 other Masters in Education in United States
- A comprehensive examination will be given near the end of course work.
- A GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation.
- Students may only earn one course grade of “C” in their coursework.
- Students will earn 45 hours of practicum experience as part of their HE 654 (Practicum) course. Students have the opportunity to retake that course for electives (for a total of three times) to increase practicum hours.
International592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.