At the Asian Languages and Civilizations - Chinese MA program from Arizona State University , students are provided a research-intensive, interdisciplinary program of study in the traditional and modern languages and cultures of China. Our faculty is world renowned which means you will be receiving a diverse, well-rounded education in the field of Chinese languages and civilizations.
China is one of the world’s well-known superpowers and with our program, you will learn everything about the Chinese language and culture. In today’s professional world, having a background in the Chinese language and culture sets you apart from competitors and acts as an advantage. Our program prepares you for a variety of business, government, diplomatic and economic career opportunities.
Professionals with this degree can confidently move into academic, business and international fields. Skills developed through this program are valued for teaching positions, translation work or work in a larger sectors such as governmental, diplomatic and international business career opportunities.
Career examples include:
- area, ethnic and cultural studies teachers and professors
- foreign language and literature teachers and professors
- foreign service
- interpreters and translators
- reporters and correspondents
- social and community service managers
- state department
- supply chain managers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of the Chinese Language
- Research Methodology
- Cultural History
- Teaching of Chinese as a Second Language
- Seminar on Chinese Applied Linguistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 698 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in Chinese or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- personal statement
- writing sample
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.