As a research-intensive unit, Coastal Sciences's graduate program offers excellent opportunities for students to immerse themselves in basic and applied research. Graduates at the University of Southern Mississippi are equipped to help better protect, manage, and enhance coastal and marine resources. Current research programs support graduate and postdoctoral students in investigations related to aquaculture, aquatic health sciences, coastal ecology and ecosystem processes, and fisheries and fisheries oceanography.
What Will I Learn?
- Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary knowledge and understanding of Coastal Sciences.
- Specialized research skills.
- Scientific presentation skills to effectively communicate scientific research.
- Scientific publication skills.
- Knowledge, field and laboratory skills necessary for jobs in marine-related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coastal Marine Geology
- Coastal Ornithology
- Coastal Vegetation
- Coastal Vegetation Laboratory
- Marine Conservation
- Application of Environmental and Coastal Zone Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Aquaculture & Fisheries Ecology View 159 other Masters in Ecology in United States
Admission is competitive and based on a holistic review of the applicant’s credentials by departments. The University sets minimum requirements for regular admission into graduate school, including:Online Application
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Good standing at last university attended
- Official transcripts and degree certificates or diplomas from all previous colleges or universities attended
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE, or iTEP scores
- Official copy of GRE, GMAT, or MAT score from testing service
- Three letters of recommendation (upload to application file)
- Statement of Purpose or writing sample (according to departmental requirements)
- Immunization records (required prior to enrolling in classes if admitted)
International488 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
National488 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for West Hattiesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.