The program has faculty in prehistoric and historic archaeology, biological anthropology, primatology, and cultural anthropology. We place particular importance on collaborative work and public anthropology. Although faculty have done research in Latin America and other areas, we have a particular strength in the Southeastern United States. We take pride in the hands-on experience students receive and our ability to mentor students with diverse academic experiences and backgrounds.
The program has four well-equipped research laboratories. All of these faculties provide opportunities for practicum and thesis projects.
- The historic and prehistoric archaeology laboratories house numerous collections from the state, including an extensive faunal comparative collection.
- The biological anthropology laboratory has one section that curates a large colonial Maya series available for bioarcheology research. Another section of the lab is devoted to hormonal and nutritional studies.
- The primatology laboratory is home to a colony of Garnett’s Bushbaby
More informationVisit official programme website
- Historic archaeology
- Biological anthropology
- Cultural anthropology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology View 165 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out online application.
- A statement of purpose, describing what you wish to gain from graduate study in Anthropology and how the program will help you achieve those goals.
- A writing sample.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic background and qualified to assess the applicant's readiness for graduate study.
- Transcripts from all previous graduate and undergraduate coursework.
- GRE scores (Verbal, Quantitative, Writing) from within the last five years.
- Other materials, such as a curriculum vitae or resume, that the student wishes to be considered.
International592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.