Course work in three concentrations-applied writing, composition and rhetoric, and creative writing-allows students to gain theoretical and practical knowledge in various fields of professional writing.
As students become experienced in producing and analyzing the business, technical, journalistic, and creative texts in these three concentrations, they develop a sophisticated understanding of style, structure, and audience.
- Professional Writing students at the Kennesaw State University will become writing professionals who can move in many directions during their careers; they will become flexible writers who can tune in to the writing conventions of a given genre, adapting their writing style to the requirements of various rhetorical contexts in today's print and electronic environments.
- Additional resources of special importance to the program faculty and students are the Kennesaw State University Writing Center and the Kennesaw Mountain National Writing Project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Technical Writing
- Grant & Proposal Writing
- Managing Writing in Organizations
- Business and Technical Editing
- Writing the Biography
- Feature Writing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Creative Writing View 260 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale;
- A minimum total score of 520 (verbal) and a minimum 4.5 (analytic writing) on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The GRE requirement is waived for applicants who have earned an advanced degree.
- An application letter that states the applicant's goals for the MAPW program and a rationale for the choice of concentration and support areas;
- One copy of representative writing samples from both the concentration and the support area, not to exceed 25 pages;
- A letter of recommendation is optional.
International12792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6396 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National12792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6396 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State3552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1776 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.